Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gilad Shalit Returned to Israel


Israel and the Palestinians today began a controversial and lopsided prisoner swap in which Israel is releasing 1,027 Palestinians for a single Israel soldier who was captured in 2006.
Sgt. Gilad Shalit, the lone Israeli soldier, was taken across the border and into Egypt early Tuesday in an SUV filled with armed men who quickly returned to Gaza, an official told The Associated Press.
In first public comments on Egyptian TV, Shalit said that he is "very excited."
...
"I missed my family very much, I missed my friends , I want to be out, I want to tell people what it is I went through," he said. "I would like very much for the remaining Palestinian prisoners to be released if they will not turn back and fight Israel again. I hope this deal will help bring peace closer between Israel and the Palestinians and cooperation between the two sides."


video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...